This massive entry is to confirm that I HAVE been breathing for the past few weeks. So if you still want to read on, sure. Enter my world of no internet :)
Desperado.
9:47pm 21st June Saturday
Yesterday I could be yapping out on my blog entry saying OMG it’s exactly one month till my birthday. So herezit.
OMG ITS ONE MORE MONTH TILL MY BIRTHDAY, YAY, WOOP-DEE-DOO!
“Garfield? What the devil is a Garfield?”
I personally love British humour, there’s something about that nasally accent of theirs combined with a touch of sarcasm makes them sound so sexy in a way you can’t really tell. Their colloquial vocab is fer shizz the most coolest thing ever.
For eg:
Shag-intercourse
Bullocks- bullsh*t
Fancy- like, fond of, etc
And others I can’t think from the top of my head. I’m actually writing this on a Word document since I still, don’t have my Internet working. This is because I’m so frikken bored on a day like this and I’d probably forget all this inspiring juices if left till another time. See, it’s moments like this when I’ve completed all my homework, handed and presented that Science Major etc. to spend hours on the computer socialising and stuff. But noooooo, some lousy internet modem connection crap isn’t working and I’ve gotta wait. But it’s not that bad actually. I’ve found other ways to entertain myself, and realising how many hours I waste on the Internet. I could even sleep now if I wanted to.
Reading old snippets from magazines and novels, re-watching Juno like 2 times already(plus the other two from cousin’s), knitting, re-watching DBY, talking on the phone with some old mates...I even ended up going through the Job Guide 2008 that our Career’s adviser gave us ages ago. It’s some pretty interesting stuff if you were bothered. There’s like. Everything you need. Even a florist needs qualification, like what the heck? Speaking of which! George once said he could picture me being a florist when I finish school. Uhhhh, say what? I know. Horrible. But he said because I am such a bubbly, happy person. Maybe I will be a florist. Like them Asian home business things, generation to generation and every kid after mine will have to take over that florist. Oh yes, pure evil.
Thinking of the future pisses me off sometimes. Career-wise and school afterlife. But as I get older, more mature…I do find the significance in overlooking the present. What do I want to be when I grow up? I’ve been interested in Medical Science, something hands-on without going near the Medical Practitioner side, or the Dentistry, or Pharmacy. Far too beyond my league. There’s something about Medical Scientists that remind me of those freaky people with goggles and white laboratory coats and test tubes. Awesome. If not, I also like something to do with Writing…like Editorial, Journalism, Columnist. Interviewing Alison Arphys gave me a whole new light in that media side of the world…very captivating. As far as skills go, I’m not sure about that Interior Designing anymore. Like I’ve heard you gotta study Textiles and I am totally over that. Yes I’ve learnt great things but I’m so not in tip-top condition to ace it. My mum thinks I don’t have the aesthetical eye (whatever she says) and I could say the same too. My creativity mind does not respond or cooperate with a pencil/pen so what’s the point? It does sound fun…though I’m not sure. I had a look at Anthropology earlier, something to do with human societies and cultures. It’s like Sociology, but more into fieldwork and communicating with the people. It sounds pretty cool, but I am ready to delve into people’s personal lives? It doesn’t seem right to me. But I’ve post-it’d the thing so hmm.
But I reckon it all narrows down to your mark, the UAI is crucial. And I know people find a set basis goal to reach like “I’ve got to get over 97.3 to become a lawyer lalala” whatever I don’t know the right statistics shut up.
I’ve got another 2 years to worry and think about it so meh.
9:30am 22nd June Sunday
Here I am again with a hole in my sock on a lovely morning. The sun is shining and all I want to do is go outside and preserve the nature. I want to go somewhere! But all I have is tutor later at 12pm and no one’s at home to take me anywhere. Booooo-ring.
I feel like eating Skittles again, I think it makes me high-er than I actually am. The red ones…mmmm. Sarah and I had a blast in Geography because we couldn’t stop laughing at ourselves. That was probably the best Friday afternoon double-period I ever had.
I think I’ve figured out what subjects I’d do:
-2u/3u maths (yes, 3 unit. I’m still not sure; my tutor wants me to do 3 unit. And why not strive for something harder you know?)
-advanced English (hearing Cynny talk about some of the people in her school going for Ext. 1 shocks me. Like the only people I know would do 3 unit English would be less. I’m a bit worried. It goes to show who’s kickassing who eh?)
-Beginner Japanese (I miss learning Japanese, not Grace. Japanese is kewl.)
-Biology (No apparent reason, maybe because I’m a conformist Asian…but it sounds interesting)
-Chemistry (I don’t mind it. Challenge myself J )
-Modern History (gave up on good ol’ ancient for some reason)
I’m soooo not going into Category B or any sort of arty stuff. I know, I’ll miss it damn right but it’s for the best. *sob* Wait, I’m not sure anymore. But it’s settled with my options. Secure.
Anyway. Was watching Video Hits these past few days, found some great tunage. Finally got a dose of Hadouken! One of their video clips was like in a rubix cube with H! and Hadouken! written all over it. The band members were inside the box, in black and white paper cut outs and rocking out to the music. The background was all colourful with splashes of fluoro, textas and crayons. Very cool. I reckon Michael Boo-ba-lay (Buble) is quite the man. I love the jazzy and Big Band feel of his music, voice is very calming too.
I think I’m going to download Colbie Caillat’s full album, I really like her voice and she’s so gorgeous. Like wow. She doesn’t even need to look airbrushed and wear fancy schmancy clothes and blingage to look amazing. Natural.
Jensen Ackles was on for a bit with Fuzzy, he looks so good even with facial hair. Reow ;) His taste in music is pretty cool: Top 5 being ACDC, Led Zeplin, Barry White and some other wacky stuff from the Supernatural soundtrack.
I’m going to go do some chores and take a shower. Get back to this virtual blog world later on.
Rhythm and Blues
5:40pm 23rd June Monday
So Amanda lent me her USB full of her RNB music and other work. You know, stuff being there…so I decide to check out some of that crazy music I’ve been missing out on. Found some old favourites like Backstreet Boys (they’re not that bad-pansy, whatever), Chris Brown, Varsity, Vibekingz, Mariah Carey and Usher. I personally don’t have much of a fling with RNB but it’s one of those once-in-a-while things, like me listening to K-pop and J-pop/rock yaknow?
Right now I’m into His Mistakes-Usher and Bye Bye-Mariah Carey
I know whatever. Yes it’s old but hey, Asians got it all. Our fastidious and connections will soon dominate the world along with Breadtop and Easyway.
The lyrics are really nice, like Bye Bye having “This is for my peoples who just lost somebody” in the beginning. Very touching.
8:08pm
I’ve just returned from a praying session at my parent’s friend’s place. Yes, I admit it. This is where I have been disappearing from 6pm-8pm on some weekdays. To pray, to chant, to meditate. I am a proud devoted Buddhist and I’m not afraid to say it. I like believing in something; it gives me hope and makes me feel good about life. It doesn’t matter whatever religion my family chose to follow, I am conventional in a way because it makes sense to me. Buddhism makes sense. It’s my way of philosophy.
One of the participants, is a 70-something year old lady who is really dedicated into religion because there is absolutely nothing else that can distract her anymore. She believes she has nothing to lose, all there is left is to live life to the fullest and appreciate what you have till the day you leave this world. She was chanting in her own time, and suddenly she crouches down and sits next to me cross-legged. I call her Bac Dieu Lai, translation: Grandma Lai. We’re pretty close family-wise but today I guess she felt for some DMC which totally brought me back to reality. She was saying how she cherished my understanding, my attitudes towards Buddhism and at such a young age. She said she hoped that I will continue on as I get older, this devotion will exist for as long as I live because she saw how society changes as people do too. That I should be thankful as she was to be living in a situation like this- no poverty, no war, no discrimination…freedom. “We are all very lucky, our lives could be perfect. But it’s the little things that get to people that sabotage the phases of their life. Not many people notice this.”
And then she mentions my parents, saying that I am lucky to have parents who know what right and fulfilling life with a purpose. She said she also cherished my parents like her own children, she was praying and hoping for them to be safe during their trip. And to think I should be the one doing that! She started to cry as she was explaining herself and I was also fighting back tears. Like I can’t help but get all emotional when someone cries to me, it’s so…melancholy-ish. I could almost hear the song Holding back the Tears-DBSK in the background. (8) Yeah and then I just teared up during meditation, and dad would be glancing at me once in a while when I wiped my eyes. This is like the first time I’ve cried in a very long time, so yeah. I like old people; they’re so cute and wise. Speaking of old people, my grandmother recently injured her arm back in Vietnam. The grandma who enjoys watching Australian Football and drinking Milo fell down somewhere and cut her arm open. She’s wrapped in a cast now, but it doesn’t end there. Basically she loves attention so every child and grandchild despite their whereabouts (America, Australia, etc.) knows. It was like…the centre of gossip throughout last week. But you can’t blame the old lady; she does need some funds and extra care here and there. Dad was so infuriated (but you could tell he was worried sick) that he refused to talk to her or anyone else in his family. Instead my mum had to do all the talking. But I guess it’s all over now, I wish Gran all the best. She is so funny that one.
On a happier note, well not so happy…uh. Spontaneously weird actually. Rove last night had Hamish and Andy on the Superman Escape ride the whole night eating hotdogs and drinking milkshakes in between. I really don’t like seeing people puke, it’s just like. Gag. But it was funny because they had the most hilarious faces when the ride went full-on and I just laughed my gut out at the guest stars pretend to vomit. Bahaha. I love Rove.
Guess I’ll call that an entry, I’m gonna watch some TV and practice for piano a bit. School photos tomorrow, yay? And Subject Selection intro things. Dad’s not even going, his working. Gotta go myself, how sad.
6:05pm 25th June Wednesday
I GOT A MOP RYAN!
You got a mop, bro.
I’ve been watching Lenny’s OC Season 2, thanks love. And atmo’ I’m writing my History notes for Friday’s test because I actually don’t have homework to do. Plus there’s a higher chance of me remembering things better rather than the night before stressing. Anyway! School photos were a drag, took away Science and a bit of Commerce time though. Not that I don’t like Science as a subject, but I have the shizziest teacher in the whole world. Hall. Haaaaaaaaalllll. Gotta emphasise on the “l”s because without looking it sounds like “whore”. I didn’t end up doing anything to my hair except straighten it and pulling the fringe away from my eyes. I just hope I don’t fail PDHPE for the Athletics program because I cannot be bothered to something I don’t do well in. Stupid shotput >=
*effortlessly throws a 3metre.*
“Aw, Kim.”
“Yeah, I’ll take the other one thanks”
“Oh you better” *babbles on about me not going for the 7m limit and not trying yadiyadidadadada*
So the Subject Selection Night was expectedly, normal. The regulation speeches from the principal, deputy, head teacher for something, careers-totally pointless. But now I’ve got a selection form to fill in and get signed as well as a handbook on the subjects, cooooool. I’m starting to get a bit freaked about the “most important phase of high school” or the “most important two years of our high school life” or “leading to HSC subjects”. Like omg no way, it’s too fast. In less than 6 months I’m going to be in Year 11 and working my butt off to compete with my grade, as well as whatever schools out there. Crap.
AHHHHH think happy thoughts! Happy thoughts! So I say, lets all treasure this last year of bludge and rebellion. Relax and prepare yourselves for a not-so-fun rollercoaster ride!
-___-“Somebody save me.
For some reason my right-click button is working for me and I really don’t have much to say. Off to Changing Rights and Freedom again…
8:05pm 30th June Monday
Viva La Vida
Coldplay and that iTunes ad rawks my sawks.
Time really flies eh? It seems like only yesterday when I was helping make spring rolls for this temple’s fundraiser and eating waffles. And who the hell, I’m getting my braces off in August! 30th of August, Saturday, 9:00am, 1 hour and a half appointment. That’s right; I’m soon to be Kim Braceface…less L
So I’ve been watching One Litre of Tears again, and yes I have been crying one litre of tears…only joking! But it is truly sad indeed-in a good way though, very inspiring and eye-opening. Aya has got to be most wonderful person ever; she’s got that ability which makes everything appear positive…when really it isn’t. I reckon if everyone watched this drama they’d have a better outlook on life itself. I see people thinking life sucks for the littlest and insignificant things. Injuring themselves, hurting themselves, mentally and physically this isn’t the way to go. Why must you harm yourself to make things better? Does it even change anything at all? Instead of hiding away from your problems, speak out…vent (not to yourself)…just express yourself. It’s so stupid, those who don’t appreciate what they have and are always expecting more. Why can’t they adapt to whatever up there has given them? Accept who you are and live on-it’s not the end of the world unless you make it happen.
Oh wow it’s raining and windy all of a sudden. See I knew this sunny warm winter day had a peck to it.
9:03pm 1st July Tuesday
Froiden Blayben!
(Which is German for, “Stay Friends”)
Oh yeah, I learnt something today (H). I’ve just completed One Litre of Tears, so sad L
“If you want to talk, no matter how slow it takes, I will listen. If you want to walk, no matter how long it takes, I’ll walk with you…I…with regards to you, I like you. Maybe. I like you. Maybe. Probably.”
AWWWWW isn’t Asou-kun the sweetest guy ever. We need more true unique and thoughtful guys out there; life would be more fairytale-like. But I guess it’s those fools out there that make life interesting…not mentioning any names there! Ahaha.
Okay I’m out, going to do some homework and burn dvds.
No comments:
Post a Comment