Friday, July 31, 2009

next time, answer the door for me.

I'm a connosieur of door-to-door salesmen and telemarketers. It's the same dealio all the time, I say hello, I'm not interested sorry, they go. But never before have they been way too persistent to kinda creep me out.

He was for Foxtel, and yes he was Indian. No, I'm not interested I tell him. I hardly watch tv anyway. He asks me if I would like to be interested, if he can recommend me something- I thought he meant a pamphlet or something mf.

"Would you mind opening the door?"

He goes on with his premium deals, the benefits, and introduces the box. I felt too nice to stop him half way because he had this cheesy tv presenter charade going on so he kept yabbering on. Yeah I see the ads bro, you can pause tv-record! No ads. The answer to your prayers, tv haven. Mmmhmm.

"With this, your father, your brother, your husband-are you married?"
"I'm still in highschool!"
"Oh! *holds a glance at me for a while* I'm sorry" -earnest. Really.
---
"...so what kind of stuff do you watch on tv?"
"Oh, um. Just shows, yeah. I don't watch it much. Neither does my family."
"see with Foxtel you can watch from a range of documentaries, music, new movies, life and recreation, cooking..."
---
"So you're in highschool? What subjects are you studying?"
"Biology...history..chemistry...stuff like that"
"Ohhh, so you're going to be a doctor aren't you!"
"Nah, nah no."
"Really?"
---
*bloody hell go away already*
"Do you have some sort of pamphlet or something?"
"Oh, of course. Do you need to consult with your father?"
"yeah"
*write write*
"Here is my number, you can call me anytime you want. I'll be around this area around 5pm and if you want just give me a buzz"
"Okay thanks"
"But if I could just get your name and phone number to.."
"..............................I'll talk about it with my family, give you a call"
"Okay... *smiles* Well, bye"
"Bye"
"Thank you for the talk :)"
"Its cool"
---
Anyone interested in a Sachim? Call 0401559286.

3 comments:

Lee said...

LOL poor you Kim

Mike Litoris said...

sachim you say ? LOL reverse it =0 micha-el-s sexy.

ELENA said...

LOLOL! I loved this post! It made me laugh. :L

Persistance from these people can get sooo annoying, and you feel so bad for making them go away, but I don't think there really is a nice way to say 'go away'.