My dad recommended this tv show called "Insight" on SBS to me today. Its sort of a reality survey thingo where people just discuss society and issues. Today's episode included 16 year olds that talked about mainly sex, drugs and alcohol.
Starting out, I thought Dad was just using this as an easier way out of having "the talk" with me. You know...how typical openly awesome parents can talk to you about everything like those American soaps? Yeah. Maybe Dad knew it was the best way to avoid the awkwardness between us and "the talk". And besides! He knows I've learnt all this mumbo-jumbo back in PDHPE days...of course.
You know as we get older...it's not so much a big slap in the face that the person you sit next to assembly may have a drug problem, or the 15 year old in front of the canteen line is sexually active..or the fact that almost every other student in the room have consumed alcohol before.
Back in the day when we were naive, simple-minded and under control, those 3 things didn't really matter did they? Sometimes as a teenager my self, I think it's just plain ridiculous. I say this knowing that one day I'll probably experience it all, but I sometimes wonder...why?
Curiousity.
I think thats the reason. We are forever curious. The collective of curious minds. People.
And the thought of... "You only live once!" manipulating us to just engulf on as much as experiences as we can so that one day..one day...we'll let it all go. We die.
Now...lets all get high on weed.
1 comment:
Hell yeah its curiosity!
Post a Comment