Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hey MUM,

Mum,

Today I didn't buy you anything, make you a card...or bake you a cake or finished knitting your scarf. I kissed you goodbye though. I know how much you love kisses for goodbyes :)

Secretly I know Dad is jealous because I don't laugh as hard with him as I do with you.

You are three people wrapped in one: The best friend that doesn't need to know everything and can always be there whenever I need you, The sister that teases and mocks me everyday for what I do and how I look, and The mother who loves me more than anyone ever can.

You have no idea how happy I was when Mrs B, who we've never seen since 10 years ago, said that I somewhat resemble you. :)

One day of being special isn't enough for you. You deserve more :)

And I say this knowing that maybe tomorrow, or the day after, or an hour later, we will fight or argue. But we'll make up. Of course! We are like the inseperable couple :)

I'm probably not going to tell you this because I can't make it sound as uber in Vietnamese than I can do in English :)

Tonight though, I'm going to sleep next to you and we will talk until I fall asleep...

like almost every other day.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Aww Kim that was sweet. I wish I were your mum lol :)

christina said...

aww that was beautiful and i feel the same towards my own :)

kingkathy said...

awwwwh. that was so sweet. she's lucky to have a daughter like you :) and vice versa.