Monday, June 14, 2010

build a home, for you, for me



Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed it's knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
I held on as tightly as you held onto me
I held on as tightly as you held onto me.....

This song's been on repeat for me. It has this nostalgic vibe to it, but at the same time brings about a sense of hope. It sounds like a walk alone and you're reminded of certain things and you kind of think...where did it all go? As the strings and piano build up on a crescendo and everything feels okay, you're ready to take on anything. His voice is so soothing and at the same time I feel him reaching out to me, like he can understand everything I feel at the moment. Have a listen to it.

I'd like to lose myself in an orchestral experience. It's never too late to dust off my sheet music and classic books, lay my fingers on those black and white keys... is it?

Why I've been M.I.A. No reason really. I struggle enough with articulating the right words for an English essay let alone a public blog post. But I'll try getting into the swing of things again :)

No comments: