I couldn't resist...
A few years ago I came across this campaign through my friend Lenny. Yeah, it was pretty rad how all the cool scene kids would write it on their wrists and arms and wore their tshirts. I wanted to belong too...(AOS F YOU.) so on this special day, the American non-profit organisation To Write Love on Her Arms along with the "Love is the Movement" project, myself and many rejoice in writing "love" or "To write love on her arms" on our arms to share the message around.
TWLOHA(kinda looks like TWLIGHT doesn't it? psh twihards and twiskanks, relax brew.) aims to present hope and help people struggling with mental problems like depression, drug addiction, self-injury, and suicide. They seek to connect people to treatment centers, websites, books, support groups and etc. They also encourage people to have honest conversations about these issues, to live in community and to seek help for these treatable conditions.
Finally having the chance to research about this, I feel immenesly slack for those times I laugh and joke about these problems. I feel bad for not taking the opportunity to talk to people, to get to know them, to help them. There are always people out there facing many problems and hold this pain inside of them, they could be in our classes, in our neighbourhoods, the person we sit next to on the bus or train. And it is only so, that us, the soberly unproblematic peeps of society, should take a step forward and prove that help is always around.
To Write Love on Her Arms, join me.




No comments:
Post a Comment