Sunday, August 23, 2009

two more things.

Dear Elfie, my internet hates me atm and everytime I try to upload photos it goes haywire on me. I have to then restart my router, and go through the whole process again. Big no-no! That post I told you about will take time to piece itself together. But in the meantime, here's to your daily dose of me. :)
1. I have recently been bitchslapped by a Time magazine article discussing the myth of exercise and its effects of weight loss. And also the fact that to burn the calories of a regulation blueberry muffin equates to 77mins on an easy-paced bicycle ride (or) 33mins of 8km/hr running (or) 100+ mins of laundry folding (or) 90something mins of lawn mowing.
To mend this broken heart, I have established a mental note to myself:
Exercise is for being healthy and fit. Not to lose weight, not to be thin.
In addition to that, morning jogs have got me jumping out of my sheets early, with the positive feeling of regaining my energy because you can't stop me from eating, oh no you can't. I'm a strong woman now.
2. Do you know that feeling of paranoia when you can feel and see camera flashes going about around you? I do.
A few months back, I was sitting at my desk reading something, and every now and then a flash would disturb me through the window.
I look outside.
Not a person in sight, a camera lens, or any of that sort. Must be my very bad eyesight or I'm delusional. So I continue reading.
Flash.
At this point, I'm feeling uncomfortable just like that time when Ms T got scared of the high-tech devices in class(English people should know)
Flash.
Flash.
Flicker.
Flash.
I gawk around, checking every corner, my eyes moving shiftily from once place to the other.
Flash.
I look up, and there it was.
My neighbours had attached a freaking CD hanging from their antenna. Every once in a while, a breeze or two, the CD would swing around and reflect an orb of light to my window. A spectrum, whatevz. (my year 9 science lessons go downhill..)
I have no idea what its doing up there, but lets just say its their own quirky way of practicing feng shui.
Sincerely with love, to all,
from me.

No comments: