They say everyone dreams but do they remember them? Yesterday's microsleep in the midst of the early hours in the morning greeted me with quite a lesson:
Prior to my Biology exam I spent hours doing my hair and choosing an outfit whilst reciting notes out loud. Apparently, the school burnt down or something and so did our uniform.On my way to the exam which was at some deserted warehouse I was held up by a few friends, and we full had a conversation about who knows what. I lost track of time and arrived there with 15 minutes left. I remember seeing the thick paper weighing my arms down and almost being on the verge of tears. My Biology teacher, Mr S, suddenly boomed out of nowhere and told me NOT to write in full sentences but rather just make quick points. The bell went off and I woke up.
With deep thought after waking up, I figured that the dream symbolised some elements of my life:
1. Education
Prior to my Biology exam I spent hours doing my hair and choosing an outfit whilst reciting notes out loud. Apparently, the school burnt down or something and so did our uniform.On my way to the exam which was at some deserted warehouse I was held up by a few friends, and we full had a conversation about who knows what. I lost track of time and arrived there with 15 minutes left. I remember seeing the thick paper weighing my arms down and almost being on the verge of tears. My Biology teacher, Mr S, suddenly boomed out of nowhere and told me NOT to write in full sentences but rather just make quick points. The bell went off and I woke up.
With deep thought after waking up, I figured that the dream symbolised some elements of my life:
1. Education
2. Vanity
3. Procrastination
4. Social
If I summarised my life as I see right now, I spend most of it thinking, worrying and wasting time.
Thinking- probably OVERthinking instead
Worrying- about unnecessary things that have already happened or may happen or not happen at all
Wasting time- because thats what procrastinators are best at.
And don't we all?
We think life can go on and on and on and I reckon, that attitude provokes us to waste it. Sure taking it easy is fine but when do we really reach the limit? When is it finally over?
I'm on a journey to find myself again, as I pick up these elements of my life and assure myself into knowing that yes, life goes on, though, life shouldn't be wasted.
And I have no idea how that dream made me think about life that way.
I have quite interesting interpretations.
Let me read your tea leaves.
1 comment:
Wow. That was pretty awesome.
Post a Comment