Well technically, pendant.
You know I only had you for a few months, January, was it? I remember how we stood there gawking at you through the glass screen and then finally buying you and putting you on. You know how special it felt when I wore you, one of a kind. And everyone would look closely at you and try to figure out what you were..you were special too.
I lost you yesterday. And I spent hours rummaging through everywhere to find you.
And no matter how many hints you dropped me from time to time...I still couldn't let you go.
when my niece pulled you and I had to use tweezers to put you back together..
when I was jump-roping and you smashed onto the concrete..
when I woke up and found you under my pillow...
when I would refuse to take you off everytime I showered until you rusted
You know, maybe I should've taken care of you better.
You know sometimes I hated you because whenever I wore you...it gave everybody the right to think that I was some sick, sad, girl who couldn't let go. And they were right.
I lost you yesterday.
I'm not going to try to find you again.
1 comment:
You write beautifully Kim (:
Glad you're back to blogging!
Post a Comment