Monday, July 19, 2010
Someone from your childhood
Patrick. I think you had a little brother. You were my neighbour. Your grandma liked to give us food once in a while. I remember my mum carried me over the fence so I could come over and play. Yeah, instead of walking outside like a normal person. You dobbed on me, you said I called you "may" instead of "ban". Non-viets, "may" is an impolite way of saying "you". It's real harsh. "Ban" is "friend", almost equivalent to our modern "bro" or "homie". Well, not really. It just sounds better. My parents scolded me, that I shouldn't use such derogatory terms. I think from that day on I was more cautious of what I say, more courteous, more nicer to the kids I hung with. Thanks for that Patrick. Your grandma moved away, so you didn't get dropped off to be looked after anymore. One of these days we may pass each other and come off as complete strangers. One of these days we may meet again. But who knows. I wonder how you're doing. I hope you're doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment