On a long ride away from home going at 110km/hr, it's dark, my feet are cold. I tell Jennifer to put her legs on mine so we can somewhat share the warmth. 'Hey, Soul Sister' plays on the radio and we sing along, Janet is sleeping. Sister and brother having small talk in the front, it has been a long day. You know those moments when you look at someone and you just want to hug them?
"I feel like giving you a hug"
We embrace.
"No matter how much you annoy me, I still like you."
---
An hour later we're home and she bombards into my room
"I want this, I want that"
"What are you doing?"
"Why are you calling your friends?"
"Get off the computer, I want to play poptropica"
"Go to sleep" "NO"
"Go to sleep" "NO"
"Brush your teeth" "NO I DON'T WANT TO"
"Can we play air tennis?" "No."
"Can we play Monopoly?" "No."
"Play with meeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"Can we play Monopoly?" "No."
"Play with meeeeeeeeeeeeee"
*closes door*
BANG BANG.
"LET ME IN"
*starts fake-crying*
*opens door*
Slap and run.
Chases and slaps harder.
Spits.
Pulls hair.
Punch.
Kicks.
Scream into each other's faces.
"I HATE YOU, YOU'RE THE MEANEST AUNTY EVER"
---
This will never change.
No comments:
Post a Comment