Thursday, December 17, 2009

women and weddings.

As a girl, it is true that we spend a fraction of our time talking about how we want our weddings to be like. Fortunately for some of us we've always had the rightful "one" in mind, everything seems to last and I reckon that is beautiful. There's nothing wrong with believing in forever, only when it hits you - whether good or bad, you'll know. My groom still remains a faceless figure, but I'm sure he'll be wonderful. Women think about wedding dresses, hair, shoes, bridesmaids and their dresses, car/carriage, the venues, photographers, everything down to the bouquet. I'm torn between white roses or a mix of pink and yellow frangipanis. Aw but I don't know, I really love all flowers. I think we were just all mentally built for all the little things-fussing and organising, we're dreamers. You men just take care of the financial stuff :) My sister's wedding I remember so faintly, but I love looking at their professional photos- happy and young, those were the days. A year ago, seeing Anne walking down the aisle with Dr. To brought tears to my eyes, she looked so beautiful. Though I tend to splutter dramatically at the thought of traditional Vietnamese weddings, I think I'm bound to have one anyway. The ao dai, the groom's family to the bride's family, the exchange of gifts and serving of tea. Good food, embracing the culture, splendid atmosphere.

Well here's to my future groom, whoever you may be. I want the evening reception to be like this:

And the Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Lily wedding gown. kthanksloveya.

No comments: